Friday, January 18, 2013

I came across this quiz and thought I'd share it


Feel free to share your results in the comments section below.
I'm "Marianne Dashwood"

What is your favorite setting for a historical fiction book My favorite is on the prairie.



If you were stranded on an Island would you eat fruit? or
 squirrel and mushrooms? I would choose fruit.

What is your favorite time of the year? Spring time is my favorite. Not smoldering hot and not icy cold.

Here's another random quiz:  Which flower are you

Have you checked out The Piano Guys' "What Makes You Beautiful" cover? If you haven't, it's below. I love it. It's my all time favorite Piano Guys song.



If you could live in any movie which one would it be? Hmm? For me it would probably be something Jane Austen.

Weird facts

Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie

 A person cannot taste food unless it is mixed with saliva. For example, if a strong-tasting substance like salt is placed on a dry tongue, the taste buds will not be able to taste it. As soon as a drop of saliva is added and the salt is dissolved, however, a definite taste sensation results. This is true for all foods.

  A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.

The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." uses every letter in the alphabet.

 Pearls melt in vinegar.

 A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time: 1/100th of a second.

 If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

 The cruise liner Queen Elizabeth II moves only six inches for each gallon of fuel that it burns.

 Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine

 The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.


1 comment:

  1. Hey there Lizzy! I just found out how to comment even if I don't have a blog or Google account or something!:)
    I really enjoy the posts you have done so far:)!!!
    Wasn't the conference AMAZING ?!:D
    Hope to see you sometime soon!- Elodie

    ReplyDelete